Usually when you detect a problem with your mac, Apple provides several ways of support to solve the problems including phone calls, e-mail, and on-spot support. Among these support measures telephone support may be the most frequently used one. But there is a problem with telephone support, It is usually hard to describe the detail of the problem through telephone, so a telephone support may not be as efficient as going to a service provider or retail store. In this case, you can choose to receive a remote support by sharing your screen with Apple Support.
How to Share Screen with Apple Support
ara.apple.com is the website where you can initiate a remote support session. You may need to download an application at the Download Page. A session key is needed to start the screen sharing support session, thus you should first contact Apple Support with the following steps:
- Visit Apple Support page and scroll down to find and click “Contact Apple”
- Click “Get Started” and specify your mac model and type of problems and continue.
- On “How Would You Like to Get Help” page, select “Talk to Apple Support Now” and enter your mac’s serial number.
- Enter your contact information and continue.
If you successfully submit the contact information, Apple Support will contact you in 2 minutes or more. If you get connected with Apple Support representative you can arrange the remote support session with the representative. You will be given a Session Key verbally or via email. Then you can:
- Visit ara.apple.com and enter that Session Key.
- You may need to download a temporary software and when prompted, click “Accept”.
OK, now you can share your screen with Apple Support representative. If there is anything confidential that you do not want Apple to see, make sure that you remove them from your screen before the session starts.